Saturday, December 11, 2010

Spokane Convention Center Project Progress Report #2

















Hello! I'm back from Baja, Mexico and the Socorro Islands. It was an amazing trip...I got to smooch sealions, snorkel with whale sharks, pet giant manta rays and wild dolphins and bask in the sun. Now I am back to the snow and working on my Spokane Convention Center commission "Riverdance". I have been sculpting the clay fish and herons for the panels and working on the three dimensional trout and ducks (wood, clay and canvas) that will be leaping off the canvases after I paint them. It is difficult to show the different stages during a work in progress...but here is my attempt. Stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks amazing, Melissa, good on ya!! Thanks for the sneak peak. Loretta