Monday, October 17, 2011

"Choral Koi" Original 20x20 Acrylic Painting





Happy Birthday Kristina! I recently got to do a really fun commission for a birthday surprise. Kristina is an amazing singer who is a member of Spokane Choral Artists and works with the Children's Chorus among many things. Her friends banded together and commissioned this piece "Choral Koi" for her. It is a 20 x 20 textured acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas. She received it yesterday and sent me the sweetest email today (see below)...it just made my day!
I received the most incredible gift last night! Not only a bunch of wonderful friends, but the MOST GORGEOUS 'Choral Koi'!!!!!!! That was beyond any surprise I could've dreamt up. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your painting. I'm sure that i don't have the words to express it correctly, but I adore it! Here's a weird thing that will make you laugh: I thought it was particularly amazing to be able to touch it! I love the way that your paintings have such a lush texture on the canvas and I've always wanted to touch some of them. Of course, I never did because it wouldn't have been appropriate. But, when Sarah unveiled your painting last night, after almost crying and falling in love with it ... darn it, I got to touch it! And, I let other people touch it, too! Is that weird? Oh well. I am delighted and still smiling ... and, I will be for the rest of my life whenever I look at that wonderful work! Thank you!!!!!

No comments: